Any enthusiast who has ever played with the W-Body LS4 cars know how weak the 4T65 transaxle can be. Even when the vehicle is subject to simple bolt-on modifications, the OEM transmission becomes a ticking time bomb. Until now the only option has been to throw countless dollars at a “built” transmission which far too often ends up failing after extended abuse anyways. Now enthusiasts have another option, the 4T80E.
The 4T80E transaxle can be found in the 1993 and newer Cadillac platforms powered by the Northstar V8. Final drive ratios are available in 3.11, 3.48 and 3.71 while forward gear ratios were the same across all models. This robust transmission is a major improvement in every aspect of design when compared to the 4T65 and offers far superior torque handling.
You can find a short video here which highlights some of the necessary engine and transmission case modifications to bolt this transmission into your next project:
Furches Performance has been experimenting with this transaxle behind high horsepower LS4 cars for years. Putting down in excess of 700ft-lbs of torque to the front slicks through a junkyard transmission without failure is testament to the durability of these units.
We now offer for sale the same mounts found in our record setting cars. You will receive 3 mounts and 10.9 grade zinc coated metric fasteners. Each individual piece of our mounts is precision machined and or fixture welded to assure a proper fit every time.
- These mounts are designed to be used on the 2005+ LS4 aluminum subframe. **They will NOT work on the v6 subframe**
- These mounts move the entire drivetrain forward 1″ on the subframe for steering rack clearance.
- Modifications to the engine block and transmission case are required to use these mounts.
- Mounts are built to order—Please allow 5–7 business days.
- If you have ANY questions please contact us via email or submit our contact form BEFORE placing your order.